MHEDS is now scheduling Moderna vaccine appointments on Friday mornings at our Peach Street office. Please call 814-453-6229 to schedule an appointment.
MHEDS – COVID-19 Vaccine Information
MHEDS has been approved as a provider for the COVID-19 vaccine. As a service to our community we are offering the Moderna vaccine to all individuals 18 years and older Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 Interim Vaccination Plan V.5 (pa.gov).
IF you receive the vaccine from another provider but are signed up with MHEDS to receive it, please let us know so we can put another person in your place (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Moderna vaccine is administered in two doses, 28 days apart. We will schedule your second dose before you leave the clinic on the day of your first dose.
- There is no charge for the vaccine but we may bill your health insurance plan for the cost of administering it. Please be sure to bring your health insurance card if you have one. If you do not have insurance, you will not be turned away from MHEDS.
- If you are currently isolating or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19; you can get vaccinated once you are finished isolation and your primary symptoms have resolved for at least 24 hours without Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
- If you had COVID-19 and were treated with antibody-based treatments (monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma), you should delay receipt of the vaccine for 90 days.
- If you have had a past severe allergic reaction to a medication, injectable medication or any other vaccine, please contact your Primary Care Physician to obtain a written clearance that you are able receive the Moderna vaccine. You will need to submit this before we can administer the vaccine to you.
- You cannot receive COVID-19 vaccine if you have received any other vaccination within the last 14 days.
MHEDS is grateful to be able to provide vaccine opportunities to all eligible residents of our service area. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.